Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

This is the Pareo (tahitian lava lava) that JT, Joshua and I stretched out over a wooden frame that we made at Don Shiflet's house.  The boys were very proud of their present for Mother's Day,
 We took these pictures before church and the boys had a good time showing their strength. 
 Jonathan and I gave Ruth the blue tiare pareo.  He said it will look cool in the front room.
Joshua and I gave Ruth the picture of Tahiti that shows where grandma Tetua lives.  He said it will look cool in his room.
The boys with their special Mom.
It is amazing to see the love that these boys have for their Mother.  Reminded me of my own special Mom.
 We ripped the plywood at my friend Don Shiflet's house.  He moved all of his vehicles out of the garage for us and brought out his table saw.  I had the plywood measured and the lines drawn before I left for Greg's funeral on the 14th of April but didn't have a chance to finish.  Ruth's Birthday was the 15th and I missed it so my project became a Mother's Day gift.  It took us about 4 hours to make the two picture frames from scratch.
We set the ripping blades at 3/4 inch high so we could join the two boards together.  We put about 5 blades together to grind down the wood so we could join them together.
 We got the two frames together and took them inside the house to put the fabric on.
 We secured the frames with wood glue and screws.  We also had to square them up before securing.
We used a staple gun to secure the fabric just like a canvas painting is tacked down.
Tia and I thought we would cook Mom dinner and Ruth taught Tia how to prepare the steaks that we had in the freezer.  Oil, sea salt and seasoning.
I taught Tia how to fire up the grill and clean it.  She prepared everything like I told her and it turned out perfect while JT, Joshua and I played catch with the football.
Tia presented her Steak, red potatoes and asparagus to the special Mother.
Our awesome kids even did the dishes together.  They treated their Mother like a Queen and I couldn't have been happier.  We gave Grandma a call too and told her that we love her and asked if she got our cards. It has been 1 month since Greg passed away suddenly so we wanted Grandma to feel loved.  Each of the family spent some time talking to Grandma and telling her they loved her.  Good day for the Tucson Hamptons.

1 comment:

Care-Aide said...

Hi dad! Love your blog!!!!!
LOVE IT!!!
Happy Mothers day, MOM!